Monday 9 November 2009

Eilbheas left the building - empty handed

Crichton and Kidd - I think we scrub up nicely for writers
That's me in the penguin suit with Mairi Kidd, my glamorous co-writer, at the Scottish Baftas last night. Eilbheas, a Gaelic script we wrote for BBC Alba last year didn't win a Bafta in the TV drama category. Never mind, it was nice to be nominated and to finally meet Sean Macleod, my cousin, who played the part of Tonaidh in the film and many other old friends. We danced like crazy and caught the red eye shuttle back to work this morning.

There were lots of stars out at the Baftas but the best hand I grasped on the weekend was that of Malcolm Jones, the Runrig guitarist, who was playing a set in the Park Bar on Argyle Street when I pulled in for a pitstop pint with Capt. Bob on Saturday night. Slainte leat, Malcolm.

No comments:

Post a Comment